ELIXIR Train-the-Trainers (TtT)
5 – 6 March 2020, Institute of Applied Biosciences, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas
ELIXIR-GR in collaboration with ELIXIR-CH are pleased to announce a Train the Trainer (TtT) event.
There is no course attendance fee. The participants will need to bear their travel, hotel (if any) and dinner costs. ELIXIR-GR will cover coffee breaks and light lunches for the two days. However, bear in mind that you may have the option of applying to the ELIXIR Travel Grant Scheme (details about the Scheme are available here) (https://elixir-europe.org/intranet/travel-grant-scheme)
Fotis Psomopoulos, deputy TrC ELIXIR-GR, Institute of Applied Biosciences, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Thessaloniki, Greece
The course is made up of four sessions, covering:
- Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
- Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
- Lesson, course, and materials design
Whoever is interested in becoming a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
- How learning works?
- How can I use learning principles and theories to improve my teaching?
- How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
- How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
- How can I help slow learners?
- How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
- What is the best balance between theory and practice?
- How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
- What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?
- How can I become a better teacher?
|09.00 – 09.30||Introductions, who is who and what we need to achieve|
|09.30 – 12.30||Session 1: Review of learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching|
|14.00 – 18.00||Session 2: Training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation|
|09.00 – 12.30||Session 3: Session, course, and materials design|
|14.00 – 18.00||Session 4: Assessment and feedback in training|
We will accept a maximum of 20 participants. Priority will be given to candidates from ELIXIR-GR and ELIXIR nodes. Notifications of acceptance will be sent shortly after the application, which will remain open until we reach 20 participants.
To register use this Link:
Institute of Applied Biosciences
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas
6th km Charilaou-Thermis rd, 57001